Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 10:58 AM

JSON encoding issue fixed

Andrew Shell reported an issue with breakage in JSON in a relatively recent version of JavaScript. Kind of disturbing that this kind of breakage can actually happen, but we're happy to have a fix.

In River4 v0.114, I did more than Andrew recommends, and replaced all the calls to JSON.stringify in River4 with calls to the utility routine jsonStringify, and then made the fix inside that routine.

I've tested this with my three main rivers (two River4 installations) and it seems to work.


Last built: Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 10:21 AM

By Dave Winer, Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 10:58 AM. So, it has come to this.